1. Watch your diet, keeping sweets to a minimum and avoiding over-eating.
2. Make sure that you sleep at least 7 hours per night to have proper rest.
3. Regular exercise is the key to strength and fitness and a tough, supple body.
4. A quick, alert mind is the key to a quick and alert body.
5. Learn the basic elements of self-defense so that you can take care of yourself in tight situations.
6. Always keep your opponent in front of you, alert to any sign of attack.
7. Don't tip off your defensive actions by word or motion. If you are attacked, defend yourself by actions, not threats or bluster.
8. Self defense is for protection only, not to prove how good a fighter you are.
9. Remember to be ready to defend only. There is always someone a little bigger, a little better than you.
10. The best defense always was, and still is, to walk away from trouble.
-- Reprinted from the "Seat Selling Angles" section of the Warner-Pathé British pressbook for SAMSON AND THE 7 MIRACLES (1961).
Pictured: Gordon Scott defends himself against himself -- his own doppelgänger -- in MACISTE CONTRO IL VAMPIRO [US: GOLIATH AND THE VAMPIRES, 1961].